Come and experience some of the most sensational deep off shore reef and blue water game fishing this state has to offer!
The Reef Encounters Experience:
- full-time and longest operating fishing charter in the Marion Bay area.
- offers deep-sea day fishing charters, tuna and long range fishing charters and overnight liveaboard fishing charters.
- primarily operates out of Pondalowie Bay in the stunning Innes National Park which always provides a beautiful backdrop to the fishing charter no matter what the season.
- Marion Bay becomes the preferred departure point as winter approaches.
- group accommodation available that is owned and managed by Reef Encounters.
- 2018 celebrated 20 years of transporting people to some of South Australia’s best deep-sea fishing locations.
- a multi-award winning fishing charter.
- a tourism accredited business.
- participation in the DPI Game Fish Tagging Program, the largest saltwater tagging program of its kind in the world which has been in operation since 1973.
- safe and professional access to rarely visited islands and deep offshore fishing locations
- providing clients the opportunity of seeking iconic and trophy species such as Southern Bluefin Tuna and Samson fish as well as deep water species rarely encountered in the shallower gulf waters of the state.
- distant offshore areas that are generally inaccessible to smaller recreational fishing vessels.
- highly experienced staff with a full-time deckhand.
- exciting opportunities to view impressive wildlife, marine life and panoramic views.
- deep water reef fishing in 25-100m of water.
- fishing on anchor and/or drifting with baits, soft plastics and jigs.
- clients can also enjoy the local sights and take in the wildlife, land-based fishing, ship wrecks, historic ruins, salt lakes, bush walking, surfing and spectacular beaches of Innes National Park.
- clients keep their catch and enjoy fresh fish meals even after the charter experience is over.
- the closest departure point to fish Wedge Island and beyond
- located in spectacular Innes National Park
- departure point during the winter months
- gateway to Innes National Park
- January to June (approx)
The area is surrounded by:
- amazing deep offshore reef systems
- spectacular islands & breathtaking scenery
- species rich cobalt blue waters
- Blue Morwong
- Blue Groper
- King George Whiting
- Shark-Mako, Thresher, Gummy, School, Bronze Whaler, Blue, Seven Gill
- and more
- keep your catch
Fishing Destinations may include:
- Wedge Island
- Althorpe Island
- Neptune Islands
- Thistle Island
- Kangaroo Island
- Investigator Straight
- Cabbage Patch
Long Range Charter Vessel "Vixen"
- 45” Harriscraft, 380 hp Scania Turbo Diesel
- deckhand on board
- surveyed to 12 passengers
- walk in flushing toilet with hand basin
- galley with stove and fridge
- ample comfortable undercover and in cabin seating
- latest electronics
- vast deck space and shade
Fishing Gear Supplied
- quality overhead and thread line outfits
- braided line
- quality bait
- some lures and jigs upon request
- you are welcome to bring your own