Reef Encounters Fishing Charters operate in some of the best South Australian deep sea fishing hot spots and will take you on a fishing tour with destinations that include Wedge Island, Kangaroo Island, Althorpe Island, Investigator Strait, Neptune Island, Thistle Island and beyond.
The area is surrounded by amazing deep offshore reef systems, spectacular islands, breathtaking scenery and species rich cobalt blue waters.
- our home base with the “Vixen” moored about 200m off the beach
- is the closest departure point to fish Wedge Island and beyond
- is located in Dhilba Guuranda-Innes National Park and is a stunning location no matter what the weather
- home to a Southern Rock Lobster fishing fleet who operate in the months of November – May
- is surrounded by beaches which are popular for swimming, surfing and diving
- offers great fishing from boats, jetty and shore alike
- is well known for big squid off the jetty and the annual mullet run.
- home to a population of approx. 180 residents which swells during the summer months and tourist seasons
- you can always find a secluded beach to spend some time alone
Click on the map to zoom in on the Marion Bay area.